To search for offenders in your area click on Offenderwatch below.
If you have any questions about our community awareness program, please call:
(229) 248-3044 or call/e-mail Capt. Brad Lambert at 229-400-8003 firstname.lastname@example.org or Sgt. Victor Strickland at 229-400-8028 email@example.com.
A person convicted and/or released from prison PRIOR to July 1996 IS NOT required to register.
If you know of a sex offender who is not registered or if you have questions regarding who is and is not required to register, please do not hesitate to call 229-248-3044.
Please read the following disclaimer before proceeding to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Sex Offender Registry Search Page.
In accordance with O.C.G.A. 42-1-12, the Georgia Crime Information Center, a division of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, is required to act as the repository for registration information concerning those persons convicted of a sex crime who reside within the state of Georgia. The information that is presented in this format is compiled from documents submitted by the Georgia Department of Corrections, the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles, and/or any other agency or department as set forth by statute.
The offender must be convicted of a crime that is by its nature a sexual offense, such as these O.C.G.A defined offenses;
- 16-6-1 Rape
- 16-6-2 Sodomy(against a minor); Aggravated Sodomy(against a minor or an adult)
- 16-6-3 Statutory Rape(unless the age of the perpetrator is 18 years of age or younger)
- 16-6-4 Child Molestation; Aggravated Child Molestation
- 16-6-5 Enticing a child for indecent purposes
- 16-6-22.2 Aggravated Sexual Battery
In relation to crimes where the victim is a minor
O.C.G.A. 42-1-12 includes the following offenses under (a)(4)(A):
- Kidnapping of a minor, except by a parent
- False imprisonment of a minor except by a parent
- Criminal sexual contact toward a minor
- Solicitation of a minor to engage in sexual contact
- Use of a minor in sexual performance
- Solicitation of a minor to practice prostitution
- Any conduct that by its nature is a sexual offense against a minor
In order for an offender to qualify for registration in the state of Georgia, the offender must either be released from prison or placed on probation, parole or supervised release after July 1, 1996. If an offender who is registered in another state moves to Georgia, the offender is required to register in the state of Georgia.
O.C.G.A. 42-1-12 (i)(3) states “the Georgia Bureau of Investigation or any sheriff maintaining records required under this code section shall release relevant information collected under this code section that is necessary to protect the public.” However, due to the fact this information is continually changing, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation makes no expressed or implied guarantee concerning the accuracy of this information.
Proceed to Georgia Bureau of Investigation Sex Offender Registry Search Page to view.
Sheriff's Office: 229-248-3044 Fax: 229-248-3850 Jail: 229-248-3050